– 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles by Toni Patrick – a must-have for noodle lovers everywhere! Give your tastebuds a whirl with these simple ramen noodle recipes.
– The Sake Handbook by John Gaunter – a compact guidebook to Japan’s national beverage
– The Tofu Book:The New American Cuisine by John Paino & Lisa Messinger – Its history, health benefits, shopping tips, how to make your own, and over 100 recipes.
– The Book of Miso by William Shurleff, Akiko Aoyagi (Contributor) – a complete introduction to miso cookery with more than 400 recipes.
– The Connoisseur’s Guide To Sushi by Dave Lowry – a guide to everything you need to know about sushi
– The Book Of Sushi by Kinjiro Omae – Jammed with tips on how to make these succulent morsels yourself, or order them like a veteran at a sushi bar
– Bento Boxes: Japanese Meals on the Go by Naomi Kijima – more than 40 main dish recipes and step-by-step illustrations.
– Japan on a Full Stomach: Japan Survival and International Cookbook by Katherine Halas Moulton – loads of tried and tested recipes for Japanese and international favorites. Written specifically for cooking in Japan.
– Zen Vegetarian Cooking by Soei Yoneda – simple, nutritious and easy-to-follow vegetarian recipes as prepared in a Zen temple.
– A Guide to Being and Remaining Vegetarian (and Vegan) in Japan by Karen Brown
125 recipes, a useful Japanese food glossary, and information about cooking and equipment – there’s no need to spend your time in Japan eating nothing but tofu and brown rice!
– Harumi’s Japanese Cooking by Harumi Kurihara – more than 75 Authentic and Contemporary Recipes from Japan’s Most Popular Cooking Expert