Tax Returns: What you need

Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook

Tax Returns: What you need



If you are thinking of making a reservation to attend one of the NIC Free Personal Income Tax Consultations (see here for details), or need to submit a final Tax Return (確定申告 / Kakutei shinkoku), make sure you bring all your required paperwork with you on the day. You’ll be needing:

1. Employment Income Withholding Record (源泉徴収票 / Gensen-chōshūhyō) and all other paperwork which shows any withheld tax.

2. Resident Card (在留カード / Zairyū kādo)

3. Passport

4. Bank account passbook

5. Seal (印鑑 / inkan)

6. Those who have made payments to dependents outside of Japan (see Applying for a Tax Exemption for Dependents who are Non-resident Relatives):

• Evidence to support your relationship with the dependent (birth / marriage certificate etc.)
• Proof of remittance (transfer slips etc.)

7. Those who wish to apply for medical expense deductions are required to bring their receipts issued by the respective medical institution/s.

8. Those enrolled in National Health Insurance or Social Insurance are required to bring proof of payment of all

9. Those who purchased a home in Japan using a loan, should ask their financial institution for a Home Loan Year-end Balance Certificate(住宅ローン年末残高証明書 / Jūtaku rōn nenmatsu zandaka shōmeisho).

To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.

Your feedback is appreciated. Please note that we are unable to respond to inquiries sent via this form.

Did you find the information on this page useful? (Required)

 Yes No

Please send us your feedback and comments.*Please DO NOT SEND INQUIRIES using this form. For inquiries, please call us on 052-581-0100 or e-mail us from our contact page.

Enter the code as it is shown. This helps prevent automated access.