Moving to and from a Different Area

Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook

Moving to and from a Different Area


When you move, you must submit a notice of moving out (転出届 / tenshutsu-todoke)to the local government office of your previous place of residence before moving (unnecessary when merely moving from a different ward in Nagoya) and submit a notice of moving in (転入届け / tennyū-todoke) to the office that handles residency at your new location within 14 days. When you go to submit your Notification of Moving In, make sure to bring your Certification of Moving Out (転出証明書 / tenshutsu-shōmeisho) along with the Resident Card or Special Permanent Resident Certificate, as well as the Individual Number Notification Card or Individual Number Card of each person in your household who is moving.

Notification Card / Individual Number Card

The first time you register your residence in Japan, a notification card is sent by simple registered mail. The notification card gives your Individual Number and must be stored safely. If the notification card is lost, please consult with the Residents’ Affairs Division of your local ward office or the Community & Residents’ Affairs Division of your local branch office.
Upon request, an Individual Number Card (identification with photo) can also be prepared. Please note that the effective period of the Individual Number Card is the same as the period of status of residence.

To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.

Your feedback is appreciated. Please note that we are unable to respond to inquiries sent via this form.

Did you find the information on this page useful? (Required)

 Yes No

Please send us your feedback and comments.*Please DO NOT SEND INQUIRIES using this form. For inquiries, please call us on 052-581-0100 or e-mail us from our contact page.

Enter the code as it is shown. This helps prevent automated access.