SCMAGLEV and Railway Park リニア・鉄道館
A new fun, educational museum for children of all ages opened in Nagoya on Monday, March 14.
Show yourself around the museum using a multilingual “i-pod touch-style” hand-held device available from the museum reception!
This museum introduces the “advances in high speed railway” through rolling stock displays, which include the next-generation Superconducting Maglev, as well as the history of the railway, among other features. It’s a place to learn about how the railway has impacted our society, economy, culture, and lifestyle. People of all generations can enjoy learning about railways through the numerous models and simulators.
There are 39 rolling stock displays, which include Maglev and conventional rolling stock. Three of the rolling stock on display have marked world speed records. These displays will bring back memories of the era during which they were operated. Touch, and go inside these rolling stock in order to experience the dynamism of railway for yourself.
The SCMAGLEV and Railway Park offers many simulators that are fun for kids and adults alike, and visitors can also enjoy the largest diorama in Japan!
These exhibits enable visitors to learn the mechanics behind the Shinkansen and Superconducting Maglev, as well as the history or railways.
- Open: 10:00 – 17:30 (last admission 17:00), closed on Tuesdays (except national holidays) and Dec 28 to Jan 1.
- Admission: Adults 1000 Yen, school children 500 Yen, preschoolers (3 to 6 y/o) 200 Yen
- Simulator Fee: Shinkansen Train Driving Simulator 500 Yen, Conventional Train Driving Simulator 100 Yen, Conventional Train Crew Simulator 500 Yen.
- Audio Tour Rental Fee: 500 Yen (available in 8 languages – Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and Korean).
- Access: A 2 minute walk from Kinjō-futō Station on the Aonami Line (transfer at JR Nagoya Station)
- English Website: http://museum.jr-central.co.jp/en/
To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.