Unemployment Insurance

Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook

Q: I recently became unemployed. Can I claim unemployment benefits?

A: Employment Insurance is intended to provide financial stability for a worker in the event he or she becomes unemployed. Appropriate allowances are provided through this program. You may be eligible to receive benefits.

To discuss your options, and for further details regarding unemployment benefits, you can contact the Nagoya Employment Service Center for Foreigners (link below). English interpreters are available for your convenience Monday to Friday. Further details can be found on the official website (http://aichi-foreigner.jsite.mhlw.go.jp/english.html – English page may only be viewable via PC).

The Nagoya Employment Service Center for Foreigners (external link)

If you are qualified and wish to work, the Public Employment Security Office (Hello Work) can provide information on job availability, offer advice, and introduce job seekers to jobs at no charge. There are 5 offices in Nagoya City, one of which – The Nagoya Employment Service Center for Foreigners - specifically caters to foreigners. The Center provides work related advice and introduces possible job opportunities to the following foreign nationals living in Japan: those who have the appropriate status of residence to engage in work, students seeking to work in Japan after graduation, and those seeking jobs in special or technical fields.


To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.

Previous Topic:
Next Topic:

Your feedback is appreciated. Please note that we are unable to respond to inquiries sent via this form.

Did you find the information on this page useful? (Required)

 Yes No

Please send us your feedback and comments.*Please DO NOT SEND INQUIRIES using this form. For inquiries, please call us on 052-581-0100 or e-mail us from our contact page.

Enter the code as it is shown. This helps prevent automated access.