Figure skaters – Miki Ando (2011 World Champion), Mao Asada (2010 World Champion), and Kanako Murakami (2009 World Junior Champion) are all Nagoya natives, together with Aichi-native Akiko Suzuki (2011 NHK Trophy Winner) they are currently 4 of the top 12 best skaters in the World. Where better to take to the ice than the world’s number-one skating hotspot!
- Please note that gloves are required at all locations.
- Opening times and prices are subject to change without notice.
★The Nagoya Sports Center Rink 名古屋スポーツセンター
Indoor ice rink (56m x 26m) in Naka Ward, Nagoya
- Website: http://nsc-osuskate.jp/skate/general.html
- Rental Skates: 400 Yen / pair. Figure skates (16cm – 30cm), hockey skates (21cm – 29cm), and children’s twin blade skates are available.
- Admission: 1400 Yen for adults, 1200 Yen for HS & JHS students, and 800 Yen for elementary students & pre-schoolers.
- Open: Open year round (11:30 – 18:00); weekends, holidays, school holidays (10:00 – 18:00).
- Access: a 3 minute walk from Osu Kannon Subway Station, exit 2. Parking is available for visitors in the rink’s underground car park (3 hours / 100 Yen). For more information call 052-321-1591.
- Map: http://bit.ly/nagoyasc
★Moricoro Park Ice Rink モリコロパーク アイススケート場
Indoor ice rink (60m x 30m) in Nagakute, Aichi
- Website: http://moricoro-park.com/shisetsu/icerink/
- Rental Skates: 300 Yen / pair; skate sizes 15cm to 32cm are available.
- Admission: Entry is 1400 Yen for adults, 800 Yen for children 3 to JHS. Monthly pass 14,000 Yen for adults, 8000 Yen for children.
- Open: Weekdays (10:00 – 18:00), weekends & holidays (10:00 – 18:00).
- Closed: January 7,8,10, January 27 – February 1, Mondays (except holidays & school holidays) & other designated days.
- Other: Free 30-minute beginners lessons on Weekends & holidays (14:00 – 14:30). Maximum 40 places, reception from 13:30.
- Access: A 10 minute walk from the Linimo’s Ai-chikyuhaku Kinen Koen Station. Parking is available – 500 Yen per vehicle.
- Map: http://bit.ly/moriskate
Indoor ice rink (60m x 30m) in Toyohashi, Aichi
- Website: www.aqua-toyohashi.com
- Rental Skates: 300 Yen / pair; skate sizes 15cm to 31cm are available.
- Admission: Entry is 1000 Yen for adults, 500 Yen for children 3 to JHS.
- Open: until May 6 (09:00 – 20:00).
- Closed: Mondays & other designated days. Free skating times vary – check http://bit.ly/aquatoyoSCH for full opening times.
- Access: Located in Toyohashi Sōgo Sports Koen: a 20 minute bus ride from Toyohashi Station, east exit – stop 7.
★Nippon Gaishi Arena 日本ガイシ スポーツプラザ ガイシアリーナ
Indoor ice rink (60m x 30m) in Minami Ward, Nagoya
- Rental Skates: 300 Yen / pair Sizes: 15cm – 28cm
- Admission: 1400 Yen for adults (aged 15+), 700 Yen for JHS & elementary students, 400 Yen for seniors, free admission for pre-schoolers.
- Open: Until March 31. Tuesdays – Saturdays (10:00 – 20:30); Sundays and holidays (10:00 – 18:00).
- Closed: Dec 29 – Jan 2, and Mondays (except Jan 9)
- Occasionally the arena hosts competitions, closing the rink to the general pubic. Call the rink at 052-614-6211 (Japanese only) to confirm the opening times for the day you want to go.
- Access: a 5 minute walk from JR Kasadera Station 笠寺.
- Map: http://bit.ly/ngarena
★Howa Sports Land邦和スポーツランド
Indoor ice rink (60m x 30m) in Minato Ward, Nagoya
- Website: www.howasportsland.com
- Rental Skates: 400 Yen / pair; sizes 15cm to 31cm are available.
- Admission: Entry is 1400 Yen for adults, 800 Yen for children 3 to JHS; 200 Yen off regular admission if enter within 2 hours before closing. Evening discounts are available. Monthly pass 10,000 Yen for adults, 8000 Yen for children.
- Open: Tuesday – Saturday (13:00 – 18:00), school holidays (10:00 – 18:00), Sundays & holidays (10:00 – 16:00).
- Closed: December 31 & January 1. Mondays & other designated days.
- Access: Located in Minato Ku, 200m west of Minato Kuyakusho Subway Station’s, exit 2. Map: http://bit.ly/howasp
★Asahigaoka Skate Rinkあさひが丘スケートリンク
Open-air ice rink in Nishio City, Aichi.
- Website: http://www.katch.ne.jp/~kinosita-gumi/
- Admission: Adults 1200 Yen, HS & JHS students 900 Yen, children 700 Yen. Half-price discount coupon available on website (skates are extra).
- Rental Skates: 600 Yen / pair. Figure skates (15cm – 29cm) & hockey skates (23cm – 28cm) are available.
- Open: Daily until Sunday, February 26. Weekdays (12:00 – 17:00).
Weekends, holidays, & school holidays (10:00 – 17:00)
- Access: A 15 minute walk from (Meitestu) Kodomonokuni Station こどもの国.
The above information is from the Nagoya Calendar December 2011 edition. Times and prices may vary to those published.
To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.