Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook

Night, holiday & year end / New Year period emergency clinics in Nagoya

A list of night, holiday and year end / New Year period emergency clinics in Nagoya, just in case.

Todagawa Children’s Festival

Kids can enjoy a fun-filled day out at the biggest festival at Todagawa Children’s Land, and admission and all activities are free.

Nagoya City Public Elementary School Enrollment Applications

If you live in Nagoya City and would like your child to attend a Nagoya City public elementary school from April 2019, you can apply at your local ward office’s Residents’ Affairs Division.

Going to a Summer Festival

Although the big festivals with huge fireworks are great, the smaller community summer festivals are also a unique experience.

Hanami – viewing cherry blossoms

The period from late March to early April is the season for viewing cherry blossoms

Children – Beware of strangers approaching or following you

It’s important for parents to remind your children about safety.

About Municipal Kindergartens

Some basic information on Nagoya City-operated kindergartens

Japan Monkey Park

Located on a hillside in the Aichi countryside, this combined zoo and amusement park is crammed with attractions for the whole family. Due to the hillside location of the park, the weather can be unpredictable, so come prepared. The amusement park has over 30 rides for all ages including Canyon Splash, a large Ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds, and a roller coaster; some age and height restrictions apply. Single rides cost between 200 and 500 Yen, but a one day passport which includes admission fee and an unlimited pass for attractions is a popular and less expensive way to enjoy the park. Click for more info.

Sending New Year’s Post Cards (Nengajo) in Japan

If you are not familiar with the tradition of sending cards, it is considered polite to send a card in return if you receive one from a colleague or family member.

Your Rights: Pregnancy, Child birth, Maternity Leave

If you’re a working woman and are either thinking about starting a family or are looking for a little financial help or extra time with your young family, there are a number of employment laws and benefits available to assist you.

Children’s Medical Subsidies

From October 1, 2011 Nagoya City children’s medical subsidies were extended from their current scope to include a broader age range of children.

Child Support Allowance for Single Parents

From August 2010 the current system of government-sponsored child support allowances (jido fuyou teate) was expanded to include single fathers. Child allowances for low-income single-parent families are paid three times a year – in April, August and December. Low-income father-only families who apply before November 30 will be eligible for the allowance from December.

Taking Pets in and out of Japan

I want to bring my dog with me to Japan. Do you have any advice?

Getting Married to a Japanese National

The legal requirements for a marriage are governed by the laws of each home country, and the notification of the marriage is governed by the laws of the country in which the couple is to be married. For example, for Japanese nationals men have to be over the age of 18, women over the age of 16 to get married; for Chinese nationals men have to over 22 and women over 20.

Getting Divorced in Japan

The number of international marriages in Japan has sky-rocketed in recent years and now nearly 40,000 international marriages occur each year in Japan. Unfortunately the number of international divorces has dramatically increased as well. Over 15,000 international marriages end in divorce each year.

Domestic Violence

Are you living in a domestically violent or abusive home? Are you being beaten? Are you living in fear from your partner? Do you always feel guilty and helpless? If your answer is yes to any of these questions there are people and organizations that can help.

Support for Children Of Foreign Spouses

Last year I married a Japanese man, and we have had one child. However, I also have a child to my former husband, but my current husband will not accept this child as his own. My child is not well, and has considerable medical expenses. Is it possible to request support from my current husband?

Denied Re-entry to Japan

A woman, married to a Japanese national, holding permanent residence, and in possession of a re-entry permit, returned to Japan with her children after visiting the Philippines. Upon arrival at Chubu International Airport, she underwent an entry examination and was refused entry into Japan. Why was she denied entry?

To learn more about the Nagoya International Center,
please watch our video.

Your feedback is appreciated. Please note that we are unable to respond to inquiries sent via this form.

Did you find the information on this page useful? (Required)

 Yes No

Please send us your feedback and comments.*Please DO NOT SEND INQUIRIES using this form. For inquiries, please call us on 052-581-0100 or e-mail us from our contact page.

Enter the code as it is shown. This helps prevent automated access.