Working in Japan

Share on LinkedIn
Share on Facebook

Free Business Start-up Seminar and Gyoseishoshi Consultations

The NIC will be hosting a free business start-up seminar as well as gyoseishoshi consultations. Reservations are required.

Employment Fair for Foreign Students

This fair has now concluded and this page is here for reference purposes. Please regularly check our website, follow us on twitter, like us on facebook and/or subscribe to our mail magazine for the latest info… Aimed at helping foreign students attending tertiary education and technical colleges who will be graduating in March 2015, the fair plans to bring together around thirty-two companies.

Free Gyoseishoshi Consultations for Foreign Residents

The NIC will be hosting free gyoseishoshi consultations on Saturday, July 6 (13:00 – 16:30) in the Center’s 4F Exhibition Room. English, Filipino, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese interpreters are available. Maximum 50 minutes per person; maximum 16 people. Reservations are required and can be made from Thursday, June 6 by calling 052-581-0100, or by visiting the NIC 3F Information Counter.

Pension: Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment

Are you paying into a Japanese pension scheme? Planning not to be in Japan when its time to claim it? Did you know that foreign nationals that have paid into the National Pension scheme国民年金, the Employees’ Pension Insurance 厚生年金, or Kyosai Kumiai 共済組合, may be eligible to receive a lump sum pension refund (dattai ichijikin 脱退一時金)?

Finding Employment in Japan

Finding work in Japan can be difficult if you don’t know where to look. Foreign language teaching jobs, particularly English, as well as IT related positions or technical related positions are always in high demand.

Labour Difficulties

In principle, workers in Japan, regardless of nationality, are governed by Japanese labor laws and regulations such as the Labor Standards Law, Minimum Wage Act, and Workmen’s Compensation Insurance Act.

Part Time Work – Students and Dependants -

If you are a student and looking for part time work or if you are residing in Japan on a Dependent visa (家族滞在kazoku-taizai) or Cultural Activities visa (文化活動) you must first apply to the Immigration Bureau for a special permit to allow you to engage in activities outside your current visa status.

Paid Holidays, Days Off, & National Holidays

■Paid holidays, Sick days, Days off, and National holidays■Days OffEmployers must grant employees at least one day off per week, or four days off in any four-week period. Sundays or public holidays need not necessarily be days off, and other days may be selected as employees’ days off instead by agreement between the employer and [...]