The influenza vaccine is effective if you receive it before influenza begins to spread in the community.
By having the vaccination, you may be able to avoid contracting influenza, or experience milder symptoms.
Period: Thu. 15 Oct. to Sun. 31 Jan.
Eligiblity and dosage: Residents of Nagoya City
- Children born on or after 2 Apr. 2012, aged between 6 months and 7 or 8 years old (2nd grade of elementary school) - Up to 2 doses
- Pregnant women - Single dose
Amount of subsidy: 1,000 Yen will be deducted from the actual cost of each dose
Medical facilities where the vaccine can be administered
(Japanese; If you are unable to read Japanese, please call the NIC Information Counter on 052-581-0100.)
What to take to the medical facility on the day:
- Documents to confirm your address, name, and age (driver's license, Residence Card, health insurance card, child medical treatment certificate, etc.)
- The coupon with necessary items completed
- Boshi Kenkō Techō (母子健康手帳 / Maternal and Child Health Handbook)
*Pregnant women who have yet to receive a Boshi Kenkō Techō should bring a medical certificate or pregnancy certificate from a doctor.
*If eligible children do not have a Boshi Kenkō Techō, a Boshi Kenkō Techō is not required.
Where to obtain the coupon:
- Health Centers (and branch offices) in each ward
- Public & Child Welfare Division at each ward office, Residents' Welfare Division at ward branch offices
Nagoya Influenza Vaccine for Children and Pregnant Women Subsidy Processing Center, phone: 052-972-4381
9:00 - 17:00 (No service on Sundays, national holidays and 29 Dec. to 3 Jan.)
(If you require interpreting, please use the NIC Trio-Phone service on 052-581-6112.)