Nagoya International Center

I want to...

Change Color

Text Size

  • S
  • M
  • L
I want to...

 I want to...

Study Japanese

Study Japanese

Know about living in Nagoya

Know about living in Nagoya

Be prepared for disasters

Be prepared for disasters



Join in events

Join in events

Read books in English

Read books in English

Living Information

Sunday Service at City of Nagoya Ward and Branch Offices


In order to provide greater accessibility to services for residents, service is available at ward and branch offices on predetermined Sundays. In principle, the Sunday Service counter is open once a month, on the first Sunday of the month (second Sunday of the month in May, September, and January); also the second last and last Sunday in March, and the fourth Sunday in April for service related to procedures concerning moving to and from the City of Nagoya.

*Please note that dates may be subject to change or cancellation.

Sunday Service dates

26 March 8:45 - 14:00
2 April 8:45 - 14:00
23 April 8:45 - 12:00
14 May 8:45 - 12:00
4 June 8:45 - 12:00
2 July 8:45 - 12:00
6 August 8:45 - 12:00
10 September 8:45 - 12:00
1 October 8:45 - 12:00
5 November 8:45 - 12:00
3 December 8:45 - 12:00
14 January 8:45 - 12:00
4 February 8:45 - 12:00
3 March 8:45 - 12:00
24 March 8:45 - 12:00
31 March 8:45 - 14:00

Services provided

Service is limited to submission and issuance of documents concerning changing one's residence to or from the City of Nagoya.

• Submission of Notification of Moving In (転入届け / tennyū-todoke), Notification of Moving Out (転出届 / tenshutsu-todoke), Notification of Change of Address (転居届 / tenkyo-todoke) (Resident Card and Individual Number ['My Number'] Card required)

• Procedures concerning transfer of school

• The following procedures related to changing one's residence

- Acquisition, loss, or change of eligibility for National Pension (国民年金 / kokumin nenkin)

- Application for, termination of, or changes to National Health Insurance (国民健康保険 / kokumin kenkō hoken)

- Application for Childcare Allowance (児童手当 / jidō teate)

- Acquisition, loss, or change of eligibility for the Medical Care System for the Elderly (後期高齢者医療 / kōki kōreisha iryō)

- Acquisition, loss, or change of eligibility for Welfare Medical Care (medical expenses subsidy) (福祉医療 / fukushi iryō)

- Acquisition, loss, or change of eligibility for Nursing Care Insurance (介護保険 / kaigo hoken)

- Application for and return of Senior Citizens' Handbook (Keirō Yūtai Card) and Pass (敬老手帳(敬老優待カード)・パス / keirō techō・pasu)

- Application for absentee voting registration for Japanese citizens heading abroad

• Seal (印鑑 / inkan) Registration, Notification of Family Register (戸籍 / koseki), Application for Special Permanent Resident Certificate

• Submission of tax declarations and notifications

• Payment of taxes

• Issuance of Copy of Resident Register, Seal Registration Certificate, full / individual Certification of Family Register, Certification of Tax Affairs

• Procedures related to issuance of the Individual Number ('My Number') Card

*Please be aware that some procedures may not be available.

*You may be asked to come at a later date for procedures requiring confirmation with other local or national government bodies.

News & Events

Copyright © Nagoya International Center All rights reserved.