A 9km walk along Nagoya Castle's "man-made moat" - the Horikawa River - starting at Meitetsu Sato station and ending at JR Nagoya Station. Construction of the original Nagoya Castle began in 1610. At the same time construction of the Horikawa River also started. The canal ran from the west side of Nagoya Castle to the former seaport (located in current Atsuta Ward) and was used to ship building materials; the original Horikawa River was 6 km long.
- Download (PDF)