To prevent the further increase in new COVID-19 infections, the Governor of Aichi Prefecture asks for the cooperation of residents in observing the following.
1. Avoid the "three Cs"
- Avoid CLOSED SPACES with poor ventilation
- Avoid CROWDED PLACES with many people nearby
- Avoid CLOSE-CONTACT SETTINGS such as close-range conversations
2. Take preventive measures
- Washing your hands regularly is important. Wash your hands frequently with soap or disinfect with alcohol-based antiseptic solution, for example when you get home, before and after you prepare food, before you eat, and after touching surfaces used by others, such as door handles, vending machine buttons, and so on.
- Wear a mask. When coughing or sneezing while not wearing a mask, rather than covering your mouth with your hand, use a tissue or handkerchief, or your elbow.
3. Avoid social gatherings, e.g. parties or dining out with 5 or more people. (Eating together with the other members of your household is not a problem)
4. Avoid any non-essential, non-urgent travel outside Aichi Prefecture
5. Install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA)
City of Nagoya COVID-19 Consultation Centers / What happens when a patient is diagnosed with COVID-19?
A request from Nagoya International Center
To help NIC users stay safe and avoid going out and coming into contact with others, NIC asks that users with inquiries please contact us via phone or e-mail.
- Support fund and allowance for forced leave taken due to the COVID-19 outbreak (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
If you are not being paid wages or leave allowance, you may be eligible to receive 80% of your wage prior to taking leave.
[Added 14 July]
- Labor Consultation in Aichi (Aichi Koyo Rodo Marugoto Sodankai) - A wide variety of consultations provided for workers and company owners who are worried about employment and labor related issues, due to the economic impact of COVID-19 [Added 9 July]
- Emergency Financial Loans - For households facing hardships due to work closures and unemployment caused by COVID-19
- Water Bill Deferment Consultations
City of Nagoya
- Protecting Against the Novel Coronavirus
- Consultation centers established by the City of Nagoya
- When someone in your family is thought to be infected with novel coronavirus - Guidelines for taking care of a patient, and for minimizing further infection (Japanese available on City of Nagoya website here)
- If it is almost time to renew your driver's license (i.e. your renewal date falls before 31 July, 2020) / If your license is expired
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- COVID-19 Multilingual Guide [Added 30 September]
- Information about the Housing Security Benefit - for those who are finding it difficult to pay the rent for their current housing due to income decrease resulting from business shutdown, etc.
- For Foreigners Working in Companies - a reminder of employers' obligations to workers
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Minister's press conferences, numbers of hospitalized and discharged cases, and other updates
Immigration Services Agency
- Guide to Support for Continuous Employment for Foreigners Who Have Been Dismissed, etc. - In order that foreign workers such as technical interns who have been dismissed, etc. and are having difficulties with continuing their training due to the spread of COVID-19 can be re-employed or continue employment, as a special measure for the time being, permission is being given for the "Designated Activities (Employment Permitted)" status of residence for a maximum of one year. [Added 11 June]
- Information related to New Coronavirus Infection(COVID-19) from Immigration Services Agency
- Notice on Denial of Landing
- Handling of Application for Residence
World Health Organization
- NHK World - News from the public broadcaster's international service on the coronavirus outbreak
- Japan National Tourism Organization - Information for travelers