If someone you know tests positive for COVID-19 - Preparing for COVID-19 - [Added 2 February 2022]
【Updated 22 March 2022】
Strict Precautionary Measures to be introduced for Aichi Prefecture (from 22 March)
The Priority Preventative Measures declared for Aichi Prefecture ended on 21 March.
Residents are reminded to continue to observe measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and take action to prevent yourself becoming infected and infecting others.
Residents are requested to observe the following points:
- When going out, residents should avoid crowded places, avoid times when a place is likely to be crowded, and avoid activities in large groups.
- When traveling outside Aichi Prefecture, take measures to prevent infection.
- Avoid eating and drinking in large groups. Keep the number of people you eat/drink with to a maximum of 4 people.
●Install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA)
●Avoid the "three Cs"
- Avoid CLOSED SPACES with poor ventilation
- Avoid CROWDED PLACES with many people nearby
- Avoid CLOSE-CONTACT SETTINGS such as close-range conversations
●If you think you may have contracted COVID-19 - How to arrange a medical consultation and examination if you have symptoms such as fever / What happens when a patient is diagnosed with COVID-19?
[Updated 9 January 2022 - Examination and Consultation Center phone and fax number updated]
[Updated 25 March 2022]
[Added 4 February 2022]
City of Nagoya
- Novel Coronavirus Vaccinations [Updated 27 November 2021]
- Protecting Against the Novel Coronavirus
- Consultation centers established by the City of Nagoya
- When someone in your family is thought to be infected with novel coronavirus - Guidelines for taking care of a patient, and for minimizing further infection (Japanese available on City of Nagoya website here)
- Please be careful not to be infected with the novel coronavirus disease!
- For Foreigners
- Aichi Multicultural Net
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Telephone Consultations
The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare has established a call center for consultations related to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
Phone: 0120-565653 (toll free)
Languages supported: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
Service hours: (also operates Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
- Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish: 9:00 - 21:00
- Thai: 9:00 - 18:00
- Vietnamese: 10:00 - 19:00
- Information about the Housing Security Benefit - for those who are finding it difficult to pay the rent for their current housing due to income decrease resulting from business shutdown, etc.
- For Foreigners Working in Companies - a reminder of employers' obligations to workers
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Minister's press conferences, numbers of hospitalized and discharged cases, and other updates
Immigration Services Agency
World Health Organization
- NHK World - News from the public broadcaster's international service on the coronavirus outbreak
- Japan National Tourism Organization - Information for travelers