[Updated 31 July]
Cases of COVID-19 infection are increasing in Nagoya City and Aichi Prefecture.
Please remember to wear a mask if you need to go out, and wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
Avoid the "three Cs"
Avoid CLOSED SPACES with poor ventilation
Avoid CROWDED PLACES with many people nearby
Avoid CLOSE-CONTACT SETTINGS such as close-range conversations
- Support fund and allowance for forced leave taken due to the COVID-10 outbreak (English flyer / Portuguese flyer / Spanish flyer / Chinese flyer) (Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
If you are not being paid wages or leave allowance, you may be eligible to receive 80% of your wage prior to taking leave.
Details available in Japanese on MHLW website. [Added 14 July]
- Labor Consultation in Aichi (Aichi Koyo Rodo Marugoto Sodankai) - A wide variety of consultations provided for workers and company owners who are worried about employment and labor related issues, due to the economic impact of COVID-19 [Added 9 July]
- 100,000 Yen Special Cash Payments
- If your status or period of residence has changed since 27 April [Added 26 June]
- Emergency Financial Loans - For households facing hardships due to work closures and unemployment caused by COVID19
- Water Bill Deferment Consultations
City of Nagoya
- Protecting Against the Novel Coronavirus
- Consultation centers established by the City of Nagoya
- When someone in your family is thought to be infected with novel coronavirus - Guidelines for taking care of a patient, and for minimizing further infection (Japanese available on City of Nagoya website here)
- If it is almost time to renew your driver's license (i.e. your renewal date falls before 31 July, 2020) / If your license is expired
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Information about the Housing Security Benefit - for those who are finding it difficult to pay the rent for their current housing due to income decrease resulting from business shutdown, etc. [Added 11 June]
- For Foreigners Working in Companies - a reminder of employers' obligations to workers
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Minister's press conferences, numbers of hospitalized and discharged cases, and other updates
Immigration Services Agency
- Guide to Support for Continuous Employment for Foreigners Who Have Been Dismissed, etc. - In order that foreign workers such as technical interns who have been dismissed, etc. and are having difficulties with continuing their training due to the spread of COVID-19 can be re-employed or continue employment, as a special measure for the time being, permission is being given for the "Designated Activities (Employment Permitted)" status of residence for a maximum of one year. [Added 11 June]
- Information related to New Coronavirus Infection(COVID-19) from Immigration Services Agency
- Notice on Denial of Landing
- Handling of Application for Residence
World Health Organization
- NHK World - News from the public broadcaster's international service on the coronavirus outbreak
- COVID-19: Fighting a Pandemic - In "NHK Documentary - COVID-19: Fighting a Pandemic," Japanese medical experts warn of what might come in the battle against the coronavirus. Check the latest research and see how hard people are struggling to stop the spread of the virus. Full program now available Free On Demand. Available until: September 22, 2020
- Japan National Tourism Organization - Information for travelers