【Updated 16 October 2021】
Strict Precautionary Measures for Aichi Prefecture to end 17 October
The Strict Precautionary Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Aichi Prefecture will end on 17 October as scheduled.
From 18 October all of Aichi will be designated a Caution Zone (警戒領域).
It is important that residents continue to be vigilant to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, and take steps to prevent ourselves from becoming infected, and infecting others.
Residents are requested to observe the following.
- Avoid crowded places, avoid times when a place is likely to be crowded, and avoid activities in large groups.
- Take basic steps to prevent infection:
- Wash and disinfect your hands
- Wear a mask
●Install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA)
●Avoid the "three Cs"
- Avoid CLOSED SPACES with poor ventilation
- Avoid CROWDED PLACES with many people nearby
- Avoid CLOSE-CONTACT SETTINGS such as close-range conversations
City of Nagoya
- Novel Coronavirus Vaccinations [Updated 12 October 2021]
- Protecting Against the Novel Coronavirus
- Consultation centers established by the City of Nagoya
- When someone in your family is thought to be infected with novel coronavirus - Guidelines for taking care of a patient, and for minimizing further infection (Japanese available on City of Nagoya website here)
- Please be careful not to be infected with the novel coronavirus disease!
- For Foreigners
- Aichi Multicultural Net
- If it is almost time to renew your driver's license (i.e. your renewal date falls before 31 July, 2020) / If your license is expired
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Telephone Consultations
The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare has established a call center for consultations related to the novel coronavirus outbreak.
Phone: 0120-565653 (toll free)
Languages supported: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
Service hours: (also operates Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
- Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish: 9:00 - 21:00
- Thai: 9:00 - 18:00
- Vietnamese: 10:00 - 19:00
- Information about the Housing Security Benefit - for those who are finding it difficult to pay the rent for their current housing due to income decrease resulting from business shutdown, etc.
- For Foreigners Working in Companies - a reminder of employers' obligations to workers
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Minister's press conferences, numbers of hospitalized and discharged cases, and other updates
Immigration Services Agency
- Handling of foreign nationals who have difficulty returning to their home country or other country
- Guide to Support for Continuous Employment for Foreigners Who Have Been Dismissed, etc. - In order that foreign workers such as technical interns who have been dismissed, etc. and are having difficulties with continuing their training due to the spread of COVID-19 can be re-employed or continue employment, as a special measure for the time being, permission is being given for the "Designated Activities (Employment Permitted)" status of residence for a maximum of one year.
- Information related to New Coronavirus Infection(COVID-19) from Immigration Services Agency
- Notice on Denial of Landing
- Handling of Application for Residence
- Useful Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Information and Resources [Added 28 May 2021]
World Health Organization
- NHK World - News from the public broadcaster's international service on the coronavirus outbreak
- Japan National Tourism Organization - Information for travelers